99.3 County FM Traffic Coordinator
Why join 99.3 CountyFM?:
The only radio station that exclusively focuses on serving the needs of Prince Edward County. Our not for profit community radio station strives to reflect and contribute to the richness, diversity, public safety and economic vitality of Prince Edward County.
As an essential service we provide 24/7 news, entertainment, programming, and emergency messaging. The station has a core of 5 full/part-time staff and 104 volunteers. You represent a collective of creative fun loving caring people and you ensure we can continue to serve PEC and beyond.
Location: 99.3 County FM, 38 Cold Storage Road, Picton, ON
Impact: As the Traffic Coordinator, your work every day makes a huge difference in our ability to serve Prince Edward County. You work closely with the Sales Team, IT/Production Manager, Creative Director, Music Director, General Manager, full Admin Team and On-Air Volunteers.
Overview: The Traffic Coordinator ensures accurate scheduling of commercial airtime and station promotions. You facilitate the internal workflow to create daily traffic logs and ensure we deliver on our commitment to clients, sponsors, donors, and our listeners. The position is fast paced, and routinely deals with changes which can affect multiple areas simultaneously.
Reports to: General Manager
Staff Hours 30 hrs/wk Monday-Friday
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as member of a team
- Strong numeric literacy, computer skills, attention to detail
- Ability to focus in an open work environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and judgement
- A positive, friendly manner, respect for coworkers and clients at all times
- Knowledge of the radio industry, DJB, traffic systems will be considered an asset
- Basic understanding of programming and advertising content will be considered an asset
- Ensure that the traffic system is accurate, up to date, and in sync with the music automation system.
- Maintaining accurate records on advertising clients from sales person’s broadcast order forms and special circumstances (example- remote, concert & arts calendars).
- Scheduling client orders in traffic, and the daily log of commercials.
- Works closely with creative production leader to ensure that the correct commercial exists in the automation system (DJB) for a given date.
- Transferring commercial logs to the DJB automation system, and verifying commercial placement, along with associated supplementary production materials.
- Reconciling played spots with orders and building & sending out invoices.
- Recording advertising payments.
- Running reports on invoicing, payments, accounts receivable and revenue projection detail.
- Advising sales people on A/R and order status monthly.
- Maintaining trade account records with the assistance of a volunteer when available.
- Working with volunteers engaged in various aspects of traffic above.
- Working with Music team leader to ensure DJB/Natural Music scheduling shells remain up to date.
- Modifying the Traffic shells as required to match the DJB/Natural music shells.
- All other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
The station has a strict policy of inclusion and respectful treatment of all staff and volunteers. We do have wheelchair accessibility during regular business hours.
Please include references. No calls please, we will reach out to those making it to the next step in the application process.
Please email your resume/CV to Craig Mills, email@example.com, or use Canada Post. 2 – 38 Cold Storage Rd, Picton, ON, K0K 2T0 (there is also a drop off box outside).
Thank you for your interest in 99.3 County FM, The Voice of the County! www.993countyfm.ca